Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thoughts on Michael Jackson's Passing Today

I’ve had trouble concentrating on writing today. I just stopped when I heard the news at 4pm. I’ve not been able to do work the rest of the day, it’s been such a shock. So, I thought I should get some of the feelings out in my blog. At least that way, I’m writing.

I’ve been in shock for the last several hours. I think of the memories and music Michael Jackson has brought, and it brings back feelings of when I heard on the news about a guy named Elvis Presley dying.

Michael is being dissed left and right on many message boards right now. However, there are a lot of positive things to say about him. I wanted to add to the memories being shared. I think the whole world has them. I wanted to join that sharing as we remember him today.

He was a true musical hero to many. I do hope he is remembered for his music and what he brought to the world. I hope most of the negativity and bad press died with him today, and he’s remembered for the music he brought to us all.

I’m going to remember him for the memories. It’s what I’ve been doing since most of the scandals started in the mid-2000s. My favorite moment is probably at the peek of “Thriller” being released. It was the Summer of 1983. There was nothing cooler than roller skating to tracks off the album when going out as a 12 year old. Yes, you can imagine the disco ball and lights playing during the roller skating. Yes, my blonde hair was feathered. And if anything like “Beat It” or “Billie Jean” came on, it was a fast skate. It was the coolest thing to grow up with. He was truly the King of Pop.

I still have the vinyl of “Thriller” in storage along with my other records. I’m glad I held onto it.

Tiffany Turner is in the middle of doing final revisions on her second book "The Lost Secret of the Green Man". Her first book, "The Lost Secret of Fairies" is available in paperbook and as a Kindle edition on Amazon.com.

No comments:

Widget_logo
TopOfBlogs