Saturday, July 25, 2009

Thoughts From Germany

Having found a cyber-cafe, I can finally comment on my research adventures in Munich. I've finally adjusted to the time here, and have been traveling about the countryside. I've been to different castles and gardens, and even up an Alpine Ridge. It's amazing the clarity of thought one can have at 6,000 ft.
I've been updating my adventures at my Facebook account. Sometimes that's all I can manage when hooking up with my cell phone.

What I've found is amazing scenery, lots of friendly helpful faces, and maybe a story or two. The biggest thing I've found that helps is observation. Watching the people and the body language helps me understand beyond the German phrases, which I know little of.

Stories are everywhere. Observing a mouse scampering around the famous Augustine Beer Hall has given me an idea for a new short story. Visiting the famous Neuschwanstein Castle has given me an insight to a creative mind of a King. Braving my fear of heights and going to the top of the Untersburg made me feel on top of the world. Plus, I found some of the best research so far on the Fey, dwarves.

Wonders can be found when you travel, or at least, ideas for more stories. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for more. You never know what you can find on vacation, besides the wonderful rejuvenation of the soul.

Auf Wiedersehen!

  • Tiffany Turner is traveling through Germany researching for her book series, the Crystal Keeper Chronicles. Her first book, "The Lost Secret of Fairies", is available through Amazon.com.

No comments:

Widget_logo
TopOfBlogs